Twice a year my Sunday School class goes camping in Brownwood. Now you might not think of me as the camping type, but I have been trained well. The first few times I actually stayed in a hotel and showered. Now I am very good at sleeping in a tent and not complaining at all about being dirty.


This time I took off Friday and left at 5am to go with the group. It was very worth it. I got to shop for the food, set up tents, find firewood, rode around a lot in the truck, and did plenty of sitting by the fire. That night the wind was very strong bringing in the big cold front. It actually got down to 34 and we heard all of it. Not a very restful sleep.

Saturday we got up and ate a very tasty breakfast made on the fire. The best part if breakfast was my "toad in a hole". I had never had a fried egg in bread before. It was a little messy, but good. We then saw more of the ranch and found a hidden spot out of the wind for lunch. I got to ride the 4-wheeler with lots of exciting bumps and fast turns. Saturday evening I did a little fishing an then had a great dinner of taco soup. The afternoon was very warm and pleasant and had no idea that it was going to get down to 24 that night. Wow it was cold.

The next day we had a yummy breakfast. Sunday we did some more hiking and packed up to head home. The car ride is always fun as well. It also feels great to get a hot shower when we get home.
Here are a few more pictures of the weekend.
Much of the food was cooked under this. Kyle worked hard at loading my backpack with rocks.
After climbing Harry's Mountain, always carve our initials in the catus and look for it the next time we come.
Group picture.
We had a great time. Thanks to the Whites for being such great host.








2 comments:
Glad that you came with the 5 am crowd! And really glad you thought it was worth it!
your photographer is GREAT! i'm glad that you had a good time! we love to share what we've been blessed with!
Post a Comment