Alright, Alright. After much peer pressure, I have decided to start blogging again. I can’t guarantee any breaking news or witty comments, but I will do my best to make my boring life seem kinda exciting. I am going to TRY not to only talk about one subject. If you start to get board – please let me know. As a little disclaimer, I am not the best speller or typist, and I think the G on my keyboard gets stuck . So good luck decoding my thoughts.
Health update: Since this blog started to keep you updated on my heart condition I will let you know that I am doing great. The doctors released me in October to do anything. I will see the doctor again in June for a check-up. I am not as tired as I was before and I can exercise a little more than before. One of my goals was to do an aerobics class without having to walkout in the middle. I have taken several classes and survived them all. Another goal is to become a “runner”. I try to “run” a few times a week. I more run/walk. I sometimes run on a treadmill and sometimes outside. Let me just tell you that outside is a lot harder. So when I started, I said I would want to run a mile without stopping. After a few months of this, thinking I was improving, wow, a mile is a long way outside. I am going to keep working on it and remember that my body still works different than others. Alright I am now board of this topic, moving on.
So I went to the dentist today. If you know me well or have been around me a lot the past two years you know that I HATE going to the dentist. I like my dentist a lot and LOVE my dental hygienist, Kathy . It is my own anxiety that makes me cry almost every time. I have found a Christian office that “caters to cowards”. That basically means they won’t tell me my fears are silly and even better, they will sedate me if I can’t take it. Let me just tell you how I love to be sedated. Although it cost more than I would spend on a good pair of shoes and the whole day is lost, I don’t remember any of the procedure, and that is worth it to me. My dentist even made sure that the next time I come I get sedated if it is not just a cleaning. He reminded me that everyone remembers how bad it was one time. I know I am crazy.
So today when I went just for a cleaning I didn’t cry. Be proud. I rewarded myself afterwards with a big cherry vanilla sonic coke. Actually I always get a sonic coke after.
So the rest of my spring break I will be anxious free of the dentist. Look for more post soon – it will be non health related I promise. I will also work on getting more pictures in. I know that's what you all love.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Blog looks good!! I like reading blogs - I like your school stories!
yipee you are back!
I love it!! You are not boring and I love that I can keep up with you now. Love you tons!! Let's meet at Watter's Creek soon. :)
yay! i'm glad that i could join in on the peer pressure!!! you are going to have fun blogging!!!
Hey Lindsay!! Had no idea you had a blog until about 2 weeks ago when I found it through Natalie Riley's blog. So glad you're starting up again. I love to see what everyone's up to and this is a great way to do it. Glad to hear your feeling so well. I don't even think I could run a mile if my life depended on it right now. I can speed walk with the best of 'em though. Enjoy your spring break!
Post a Comment