Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whoo Hooo

So I mentioned a few weeks ago that it was one of my goals to run a mile without stopping. I did it tonight at the gym!!!!!! Whoo Hooo ! Ya know how sometimes at the gym you just can't get going no matter what you do, then other days you can do way more than ever. Today was a great gym day. I am gong to work on running outside as well, but will take this as a success.

Also, each time I go camping one of my favorite things is climbing "Harry's Mountain" It's not a real mountain, but it is a big steep hill with lots of rocks, thorny bushes and other dangerous terrain. In the past when i have climbed it I am in the last group to get to the top and usually have to take a break or two to rest. This time I made a goal to get to the top without resting. It was very hard but I pushed myself and made it. I think I almost ran up and the boys even let me be first on top. I was huffing and puffing and almost collapsed onto some catus.

All that to say... hooray for the new heart.
(Too bad they won't let me give blood, then I would be like Super Woman)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go!