So I take either Tylenol or Ibuprofen every three hours. This has been alright except in the middle of the night. Yesterday my mom went to go get my ibuprofen from the kitchen and then grabbed a handful a trail mix for herself. She then came and told me how horrible the new trail mix was and not to eat it because it had gone bad. When she then looked for my medicine she had set out, it was no where to be found. We looked all over and decided that ibuprofen looks just like the brown M&Ms in the trail mix. So be careful what you eat here.
I do have lots of wonderful tasting things here to eat. I am so overwhelmed by all the sweet gifts and flowers, cards, visitors, prayers, and phone calls. I don't know how to say thank you enough.
I am still feeling great during the day. I have lots of energy and movement. By the evening I am tired and sore. Bedtime is the worst to find a comfortable spot and getting up every three hours is not much fun. Yesterday, the place where I had the chest tube stared bleeding a little bit. I am not worried because it drained for 3 days after surgery and I think this is just normal, but it is something we are watching.
Today I got to have another big outing. I was allowed to go to church fellowship meal. It was great to see all of my friends there and feel like normal. Its hard to believe that exactly one week ago I had just come out of surgery and was in ICU.
I plan to go to Waco on Friday for about a week. My first follow up appointment is Tuesday, August 26. Right now we are planning to come back to Allen the weekend before and stay for a few days.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great to see you Out-and-about! You look just wonderful!
hey! i left you a message on facebook, but i don't know which you read more often! please let me know if there is anything i can do for you!!! i'm sorry i didn't know anything sooner! hope you feel great soon! are you going to waco tomorrow or next friday? love you, B
Hi Lindsay! I found out about this through Brooke. I am praying for you and for a speedy recovery!
It has been a long time! Once you are feeling better, we should catch up!
Take care!
Vicki Dobiyanski
Hi Lindsay!
I am so glad that you are feeling ok. I heard about your surgery from Katie Castillejos. I am so sorry that you had to go through this. You are so sweet and such a great person and I am just so sorry! :( I hope to see you sometime at a DDD event or BU Homecoming! Rebecca (Tanner) Rider
Post a Comment