Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Better Than We Expected News!!!!!

Today I saw the rhythm specialist. He told us that my irregular heart beat has GREATLY improved. Before the surgery I had done a 24 hour heart monitor. The test showed the in the upper chamber I had several hundred EXTRA beats and in the lower chamber 6000 EXTRA beats. When we did the same test a few weeks ago, I had only 15 extra in the upper and only 4 in the lower. Wow!!! We were blown away by the difference. He even said that he sees normal people with a couple hundred extra beats. The goal of course is no extra beats, but have a few is normal.

He asked that I do another 24 hour monitor again in a few months just to make sure everything stays normal. There is no need to consider a pacemaker or devices or test at this time. I still might need one down the road, but not now. THE SURGERY WORKED!!!!!!

I will see my surgeon on Friday to see how I am healing and hope to get a short timeline of lifting restrictions. I am ready to get back to real life.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That's wonderful news Lindsay! It was so good to see you last week!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!!