My first day back was great. All the kids knew who I was ans were very excited to meet me. I mostly watched Ms. Smith (my sub) teach most of the day so I could figure out her little routines. Around 9:30 I was very overwhelmed, but felt better by the end of the day. All the kids kept waving to me, telling me they new my name, and giving me random hugs. They are all real cute and so small. I always forget how little they come.
It was also so great to see my kiddos from last year. I got lots of hugs at recess. I was very tired when I got home that evening and stayed on the couch all night fighting to keep my eyes open.
Friday was very busy. I woke up making lots of list and never stopped moving. I taught most of the day and Ms. Smith helped answer more questions. I was glad she stayed to help the transition. I stayed extra late to get little things done and brought several projects home. Monday I will get a chance to put in more of my routines. Dulcy is going to come to help me. What a blessing.
My energy level was very good both days. I even ended up doing a little cardio activity Friday. Its not a kindergarten day if I'm not running somewhere and jumping up and down with the kids.
Its good to be back. Thank you all for the encouragement and prayers. I could not have done it without you.
" My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.'' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insult, in hardship, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know that must have been very overwhelming for you, but am glad that you made it through. I will pray for your continued good health...and for an easy (yeah, right) and fast!! school year. See you in November.
I know you are happy to be working again. Welcome back!
Yea! I am so proud of you Linds! It must be very challenging to go in like that, but before long it'll be like you were always there!
Post a Comment