Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sunday's Comin'

I love Easter. Each year we have a family reunion close to Rising Star, where my grandparents grew up. Our Easter is different that others. We still have a church service, but it is usually in the middle of the cow pasture and we use hymnals that are much older than me I think. We then have a hug BBQ meal and everyone bring something yummy to share. All the kids then hunt eggs and one of the older cousins is convinced to put on the very hot, old bunny costume. Luckily, I am too short for it and have never been asked. I love to see all the family. There are usually more people there that I don't know than do know. This year we may be inside due to wet weather and much of the family I am close to won't be there.


If you don't have a Easter service to go to, my home church, First Baptist Allen, is going to have a wonderful Easter service on "The God of Second Chances". Service times are 7:30, 9:00 and 10:30. God's love for us is so real and amazing, please don't miss this day to celebrate.


Also, our wonderful pastor showed this video this past Sunday. If you weren't there, please check it out. It is very powerful.



I hope you have an Easter that is filled with joy, love and Jesus!!!

1 comment:

McChatterbox said...

I had almost given up checking on your blog when there were never any new posts then today and I checked and there were several. I had a mechanical aortic valve put in 5 yrs ago. I have been wanting to follow your progress. I am doing okay but am still overweight and need to exercise more. Good for you that you are and doing so well!